Welcome to Community 1
Welcome to 2018!
I hope you all had a relaxing holiday break and enjoyed the sunny, warm weather we’ve had.
I am looking forward to a busy start to the year and getting stuck in with the Year 6s for their final year of Primary School. We will be swimming every day for the first 6 weeks to prepare for swimming sports.
- Our library day is Monday afternoon
- SOL programme will run on Friday afternoons from 2 – 3 pm.
- Friday 16th February Flower Show (at Southbridge Town Hall)
- Thursday 22nd February Swimming Sports (p.p Monday 26th Feb)
- Monday 5th March ERO visiting school this week
- Thursday 8th March Zone swimming (p.p Monday 12th March)
- Tuesday 13th March School photos
- Tuesday 27th – Thursday 29th March EOTC – Arthur’s Pass (Year 6 camp)
- Friday 30th March Good Friday – School closed
- Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd April Easter Monday & Easter Tuesday (school closed)
- Friday 6th April Celebration Assembly hosted by Com 1
- Friday 6th April End of Term 1
Our aim is to equip our students to be inquiring, self-motivated learners. Our policy is not to set compulsory Home Learning however we strongly encourage daily opportunities to practice Reading, Writing and Mathematics at home. We also encourage you to talk to your child about their learning. We encourage participation in authentic learning opportunities in the wider community, e.g., sports and cultural team activities. in line with this, Home Learning in Com 1 will this year be in the form of any work that your child has not completed in class. If your child has work to complete from the day this will be sent home with your child and an email will be sent to inform you that work is coming home.