Welcome to Community 1
Welcome to Term 2, 2018!
Welcome to Community 1. We are an awesome bunch of 22 Year 6 students who are lucky enough to have our own stand alone classroom with our very own kitchen!!!!
We love to be outside playing sports and hands on learning Science and also in our school garden.
Some of our leadership responsibilities include
- Road Patrol
- Wet Day Monitors
- Chicken Coop Monitors
- Milk Monitors
- Ringing the bell
- Jump Jam leaders
- members of the kapa haka and choir
Our teacher is Mrs Thornton and she is always busy making learning interesting for us and getting us involved as many aspects of school as possible.
If you want to find out more about our class, check out our shared blog we have with our sister school in Singapore.
- Our library day is Monday afternoon
- SOL programme will run on Thursday afternoons from 2 – 3 pm for Term 2 only.
- Tuesday 15th May School Cross Country
- Wednesday 16th May Peer Mediation Training for Com 1
- Thursday 17th May Cross Country p.p
- Thursday 24th May Zone Cross Country
- Monday 28th May Zone Cross Country p.p
- Monday 4th June Queen’s Birthday – School closed
- Thursday 7th June Home and School Quiz evening
- Tuesday 19th June Open Day at Ellesmere College (notice to follow)
- Wednesday 20th June Canterbury Cross Country
- Thursday 21st June Winter Tournament Friendly Games @ Dunsandel
- Monday 25th June In class speech presentations this week (Week 9)
- Thursday 28th June Winter Tournament Friendly Games @ Southbridge
- Friday 29th June Jump Jam team competition
- Wednesday 4th July Possible Senior Roopu field Trip to museum
- Thursday 5th July Speech Finals held at school
- Friday 6th July Last day of Term 2
Our aim is to equip our students to be inquiring, self-motivated learners. Our policy is not to set compulsory Home Learning however we strongly encourage daily opportunities to practice Reading, Writing and Mathematics at home. We also encourage you to talk to your child about their learning. We encourage participation in authentic learning opportunities in the wider community, e.g., sports and cultural team activities. in line with this, Home Learning in Com 1 will this year be in the form of any work that your child has not completed in class. If your child has work to complete from the day this will be sent home with your child and an email will be sent to inform you that work is coming home.