Welcome to Community 1
Welcome to Term 3, 2018!
Welcome to Community 1. We are an awesome bunch of 23 Year 6 students who are lucky enough to have our own stand alone classroom with our very own kitchen!!!!
We love to be outside playing sports and hands on learning Science and also in our school garden.
Some of our leadership responsibilities include
- Road Patrol
- Wet Day Monitors
- Chicken Coop Monitors
- Milk Monitors
- Ringing the bell
- Jump Jam leaders
- members of the kapa haka and choir
Our teacher is Mrs Thornton and she is always busy making learning interesting for us and getting us involved as many aspects of school as possible.
If you want to find out more about our class, check out our shared blog we have with our sister school in Singapore.
- Our library day is Tuesday afternoon
- SOL programme will run on Wednesday afternoons from 2 – 3 pm for Term 3 only.
- Monday 3rd September Performance at school
- Week of 3rd September Cultural Festival this week – kapa haka students only
- Tuesday 11th September Choir rehearsal in Christchurch – choir students only
- Thursday 20th September Po Whakangahau performance at Ellesmere College – kapa haka students only
- Friday 21st September Mufti Day – pirate theme – to raise money for Westpac Helicopter.
- Monday 24th September Production week
- Wednesday 26th September 11am matinee production and night time performance for all students
- Thursday 27th September Production at night for all students
- Friday 28th September Last day of Term 3
Our aim is to equip our students to be inquiring, self-motivated learners. Our policy is not to set compulsory Home Learning however we strongly encourage daily opportunities to practice Reading, Writing and Mathematics at home. We also encourage you to talk to your child about their learning. We encourage participation in authentic learning opportunities in the wider community, e.g., sports and cultural team activities. in line with this, Home Learning in Com 1 will this year be in the form of any work that your child has not completed in class. If your child has work to complete from the day this will be sent home with your child and an email will be sent to inform you that work is coming home.